Home » Restaurants, Southern

Suniora’s Sidewalk Cafe

Posted by YAR 30 Nov 2009 7 Comments

Suniora’s Sidewalk Cafe recently opened where Miller’s Grocery used to be, at 200 S. Lamar St in the City Centre building. ┬áSuniora herself is a former employee of Miller’s Grocery, who bought the restaurant from the former owners. (JFP). I had never been to the restaurant before it became Suniora’s so I can’t compare the two, but I do like it as it is now.

img_5001

The amount of food I got for $7 was the first thing I liked about the restaurant. This is the plate lunch; the day I went, the meat options were smoked or smothered chicken. I chose smothered. The chicken was juicy and I liked the sauce (especially for cornbread dipping), but I thought the sides were the best part of the meal.

The dressing was my favorite side, but then again I am easy to please when it comes to dressings and stuffings. ┬áThis one had a pleasantly moist and dense texture. I also loved the greens, which were mellow and on the sweeter side. The yams were a nice change from a lot of the more dessert-like yam sides (which, don’t get me wrong, I also like)—these were only lightly sweetened and spiced, and not mashed or cooked to a mush, so they retained more actual yam taste and texture.

Suniora’s also offers pizza and a salad bar. I may not get around to trying them because passing up the hot bar food wouldn’t be easy, but they did seem to be popular when I was there.

7 Comments »

• Darren said:

The one downside I’ve experienced so far with Suniora’s is the pizza, although I think that’s more of a symptom of expecting it to be like Miller’s.

Miller’s had large, deli-style pizza slice specials. I ordered Suniora takeout recently and asked for 2 slices of pizza. When they arrived, they were small, like the size slice you’d get from a DiGiorno, and not particularly good.

However, now I know what to expect, and will try one of the hot plates on its own merits.

[Reply]

Shantia Harris Reply:

OKAY U STILL ATE IT SO STOP HAITING.

[Reply]

• akeiah page said:

thats how they are

[Reply]

• akeiah page said:

so dont hate

[Reply]

• webpage said:

Hey I know this is off topic but I was wondering
    if you knew of any widgets I could add to my blog that automatically tweet my newest twitter updates.
    I’ve been looking for a plug-in like this for quite some time and was hoping maybe you would have some experience with something like this. Please let me know if you run into anything. I truly enjoy reading your blog and I look forward to your new updates.

Also visit my web blog … webpage

[Reply]

• pastillas para agrandar el miembro masculino en peru said:

What’s up, after reading this amazing post i am as well happy to share my experience here with mates.

[Reply]

• Adrien Shor said:

Howdy! I just want to give a huge thumbs up for the good information you might have here on this post. I can be coming back to your blog for more soon.

[Reply]

Leave your response!

Be nice. Keep it clean. Stay on topic. No spam.

You can use these tags:

You need to log in to express your opinion

Carpe Jackson requires users to be logged in to express their opinion on this post.

Alternatively, if you do not have an account yet you can create one here.

Powered by Vote It Up